When living flowers are too much trouble and plastic flowers lack grace, Tree Masters Purple Flowers are an excellent option that don’t compromise on quality or appearance while needing almost
Top Ten Trends for the Rest of 2012
At the risk of sounding like David Letterman, in no particular order, here they are!
- Made in the USA – Great news for all of us in the United States. The trickledown effect both in pride and economics is hard to measure. Sklar Furnishings prides ourselves on the large percentage of our sales that are from companies that manufacture 100% in the United States.
- Linen – Linen luxes up upholstery and soft goods with an elegant but very livable look. We have several pieces in linen and they do give that wonderful look we call “comfort wrinkles”
- Vintage – Nostalgic and retro are on the rise – this ties in with another whole segment we label “primitive”. We carry a wonderful line that sells original designs of Milo Baughman from the 50’s and 60’s.
- Brights – Tangerine is the color of the year—also look for saffron, hot pink and lime (think Lily Pulitzer!) We also saw a lot of bright blue—all these colors are mirroring the positive mood (relatively speaking) of the public.
- Chevron, Arrow and Flamestitch – These bold geometric patterns evoke a happy modern vibe. The more timid Designers can use them on pillows—for the bold do a whole sofa!
- Animals – Renderings on pillows and artwork and realistic sculptures—they are everywhere and again evoke a smile.
- Seaside – We saw every possible use of shells imaginable from lamp and table bases to designs on fabric to shells mounted on silver stands.
- Asian – Rugs with cherry blossom prints, elaborate birdcages and vivid patterned lanterns inject an exotic element into design.
- Moroccan – The would be traveller in all of us helped push the opulent Arabesque patterns into the forefront. Used primarily in pillows and throws the richness of the colors and patterns makes a bold statement
- Tufting – Was used everywhere including both the front and the backs of the sofa or chair. When done on a rich crushed velvet (think aubergine) the glam index goes up exponentially.
Author: Sklar Furnishings