A downright handsome piece by Joel Dupras, sweeping with hand-glazed segments of natural wood. The Howard Desk with a glass top from Huppe balances fascinatingly between a discrete personality and
Thanksgiving Design Tips
The humidity is slowly easing – our first cold front may be coming soon. The holidays are fast approaching and our Design Team have some great tips for all of us who live in the lower half of the country and probably won’t have either freezing temperatures or blowing snow while we eat our turkey dinner. Enjoy!
- If you are lucky enough to have a home that bathes in sunlight and has beautifully natural bones, then let those elements be the star. Stick with natural colors to let the homes best asset-natural light-shine. To prevent the room from becoming boring, throw in a zing by way of a pillow with a trendy graphic touch.
- Hollow out pumpkins and place live cactuses in them. The orange and green are a wonderful foil for each other.
- When setting your table use small pumpkins as your place card holders. Orange is a wonderful color to add richness and warmth to the setting and no-one does orange better than Mother nature.
- Weave ornamental grasses into a wreath for your door – that is a wonderful way to add warmth and welcoming to your home. Fill a clear glass hurricane with a candle anchored by candy corn.
- Create a cozy space with an area rug or faux fur throw. Change out your summer throw pillows and add texture and deeper colors. Put out lots of candles and make sure they are of varying heights and widths. Don’t let them just sit there, make sure to light them and often!
Author: Sklar Furnishings